Skilled labour force
The following types of organisations can form partnerships and submit applications (non-exhaustive list):
- Local and regional authorities and their associations;
- Labour offices and labour market administration;
- Labour unions and employer organisations;
- Educational and R&D institutions;
- Formal associations, clusters and networks of SMEs (having legal personality);
- Chambers of commerce, business development agencies and other business support organisations;
- NGOs involved in the training and qualifications of the labour force.
- in Denmark – Regional Municipality of Bornholm and Region Zealand (subregions: Østsjælland, Vest- og Sydsjælland);
- in Germany – districts (Landkreise) of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Nordwestmecklenburg, Rostock, Vorpommern-Rügen, Vorpommern-Greifswald and district-free city (kreisfreie Stadt): Rostock;
- in Lithuania – counties of Klaipėda, Tauragė and Telšiai;
- in Poland – subregions of: Miasto Szczecin, Szczeciński, Stargardzki, Koszaliński, Słupski, Starogardzki, Gdański, Trójmiejski and Elbląski;
- in Sweden – counties of: Kalmar, Blekinge, Skåne and Kronoberg.
The Programme provides co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for cooperation activities between two or more organisations from at least two participating Member States. The funds available for the development of a skilled labour force amount to ca. 8,3 M EUR. The co-financing rate for Polish, Lithuanian and German beneficiaries is up to 85% of their eligible project costs, while Swedish and Danish beneficiaries receive up to 75% of ERDF co-financing. The ERDF co-financing is paid on the basis of semi-annual reimbursements.
By participating in a project you would be able to:
- investigate best practices and exchange knowledge and experience related to human resource capacities for the area’s blue and green economy;
- cooperate with partners and jointly develop tailored solutions for boosting human resource capacities for the area’s blue and green economy;
- test innovative methods and tools;
- form international networks with organisations pursuing the same mission;
- experience the cross-sector cooperation possibilities in an international setting.
- Your organisation has a legal personality;
- Your organisation is based in the eligible area (in exceptional and well-justified cases, project partners can be located outside the eligible Programme area; see section III.2 of the Programme Manual);
- Your organisation faces a challenge/an opportunity related to human resource capacity;
- The challenge/opportunity requires joint actions across borders;
- The joint action can be accomplished by your organisation and your partner organisation(s) from (an)other Member State(s);
- The joint action will be carried out in the Programme eligible area;
- The joint action corresponds with a Programme specific objective.
The Programme resources are invested in key areas relevant to the South Baltic blue and green economy. These are called specific objectives. One of them is the development of a skilled labour force. Your potential project is expected to correspond with specific objective 4.
Specific objective 4
Can you help Interreg South Baltic to increase the share of skilled labour force working in blue and green economy sectors of the South
Baltic area through joint cross-border actions? What we are looking for are cross-border employment schemes (i.e. services, model
solutions, tools and programmes) as well as joint training schemes supporting employment in the blue and green economy of the
South Baltic area.
- Get in touch with a Contact Point in your region: www.southbaltic.eu/contact-points
- Get in touch with the Joint Secretariat:
Ananas Sabanas, Agnieszka Limanówka, Project Officers, +48 58 746 38 59, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Share a project idea for consultation with the Joint Secretariat: www.southbaltic.eu/consultation
- Look for upcoming calls for proposals: www.southbaltic.eu/call-for-proposals
- Check for possibilities to fund project development activities: www.southbaltic.eu/seed-money