The following types of organisations can form partnerships and submit applications (non-exhaustive list):
- Local and regional authorities and their associations;
- Public or private (having either public or non-profit character) companies dealing with communal and municipal environmental
and energy management (e.g. waste and water, heating, air protection);
- Formal associations, clusters and networks of SMEs (having legal personality);
- Chambers of commerce, business development agencies and other business support and finance organisations;
- NGOs active in the environmental protection and management sector;
- Schools, higher education and R&D institutions;
- Cooperatives of farmers and residents (having legal personality).
- in Denmark – Regional Municipality of Bornholm and Region Zealand (subregions: Østsjælland, Vest- og Sydsjælland);
- in Germany – districts (Landkreise) of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Nordwestmecklenburg, Rostock, Vorpommern-Rügen, Vorpommern-Greifswald and district-free city (kreisfreie Stadt): Rostock;
- in Lithuania – counties of Klaipėda, Tauragė and Telšiai;
- in Poland – subregions of: Miasto Szczecin, Szczeciński, Stargardzki, Koszaliński, Słupski, Starogardzki, Gdański, Trójmiejski and Elbląski;
- in Sweden – counties of: Kalmar, Blekinge, Skåne and Kronoberg.
The Programme provides co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for cooperation activities between two or more organisations from at least two participating Member States. The funds available for increasing the use of green technologies amount to ca. 19,8 M EUR. The co-financing rate for Polish, Lithuanian and German beneficiaries is up to 85% of their eligible project costs, while Swedish and Danish beneficiaries receive up to 75% of ERDF co-financing. The ERDF co-financing is paid on the basis of semi-annual reimbursements.
By participating in a project you would be able to:
- investigate best practices and exchange knowledge and experience related to the use of green technologies;
- cooperate with partners and jointly develop tailored solutions for the environmental challenges of your region based on green technologies;
- test innovative green technologies;
- form international networks with organisations pursuing the same mission;
- experience the cross-sector cooperation possibilities in an international setting.
- Your organisation has a legal personality;
- Your organisation is based in the eligible area (in exceptional and well-justified cases, project partners can be located outside the eligible Programme area; see section III.2 of the Programme Manual);
- Your organisation faces a challenge related to the need for applying a green technology;
- The challenge/opportunity requires joint actions across borders;
- The joint action can be accomplished by your organisation and your partner organisation(s) from (an)other Member State(s);
- The joint action will be carried out in the Programme eligible area;
- The joint action corresponds with a Programme specific objective.
The Programme resources are invested in key areas relevant to the South Baltic blue and green economy. These are called specific objectives. One of them is dedicated to green technologies. Your potential project is expected to correspond with specific objective 2.2.
Specific objective 2.2
Can you help Interreg South Baltic to increase the use of green technologies in order to decrease the pollution discharges in the
South Baltic area? What we are looking for are services, products, standards and tools based on green technologies, as well as pilot
investments in the uptake of green technologies.
- Get in touch with a Contact Point in your region: www.southbaltic.eu/contact-points
- Get in touch with the Joint Secretariat: Máté Szalók, Project Officer Green Tech , +48 58 746 38 58, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Share a project idea for consultation with the Joint Secretariat: www.southbaltic.eu/consultation
- Look for upcoming calls for proposals: www.southbaltic.eu/call-for-proposals
- Check for possibilities to fund project development activities: www.southbaltic.eu/seed-money