The following types of organisations can form partnerships and submit applications (non-exhaustive list):
- Local and regional authorities and their associations;
- NGOs involved in networking activities across national borders;
- Chambers of commerce, business development agencies and other business support organisations;
- Institutions of natural, culture and national heritage protection.
- in Denmark – Regional Municipality of Bornholm and Region Zealand (subregions: Østsjælland, Vest- og Sydsjælland);
- in Germany – districts (Landkreise) of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Nordwestmecklenburg, Rostock, Vorpommern-Rügen, Vorpommern-Greifswald and district-free city (kreisfreie Stadt): Rostock;
- in Lithuania – counties of Klaipėda, Tauragė and Telšiai;
- in Poland – subregions of: Miasto Szczecin, Szczeciński, Stargardzki, Koszaliński, Słupski, Starogardzki, Gdański, Trójmiejski and Elbląski;
- in Sweden – counties of: Kalmar, Blekinge, Skåne and Kronoberg.
The Programme provides co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for cooperation activities between two or more organisations from at least two participating Member States. The funds available for cooperation capacity building amount to ca. 4 M EUR. The co-financing rate for Polish, Lithuanian and German beneficiaries is up to 85% of their eligible project costs, while Swedish and Danish beneficiaries receive up to 75% of ERDF co-financing. The ERDF co-financing is paid on the basis of semi-annual reimbursements.
By participating in a project you would be able to:
- exchange knowledge and experience related to cross-border cooperation between local community organisations;
- develop coopertion platforms of local self-government bodies and the non-governmental sector that increase their capacity to influence regional, national or EU policies affecting local development;
- strengthen the networking, participation and cooperation capacity of local organisations as well as their ability to engage in an intercultural dialogue;
- form international networks with organisations pursuing the same mission;
- experience the cross-sector cooperation possibilities in an international setting.
- Your organisation has a legal personality;
- Your organisation is based in the eligible area (in exceptional and well-justified cases, project partners can be located outside the eligible Programme area; see section III.2 of the Programme Manual);
- Your organisation faces a challenge / an opportunity related to cooperation capacity;
- The challenge / opportunity requires joint actions across borders;
- The joint action can be accomplished by your organisation and your partner organisation(s) from (an)other Member State(s);
- The joint action will be carried out in the Programme eligible area;
- The joint action corresponds with a Programme specific objective.
The Programme resources are invested in key areas relevant for the South Baltic blue and green economy. These are called specific objectives. One of them is cooperation capacity. Your potential project is expected to correspond with specific objective 5.
Specific objective 5
Can you help Interreg South Baltic to improve the cooperation capacity of local South Baltic area actors through participation in crossborder
networks? What we are looking for are joint capacity-building activities/events involving local actors. Projects funded under this
specific objective shall invest in capacity building measures for local organisations enabling them to develop cross-border cooperation.
Please note that specific objective 5 is specifically designed to support capacity building for organisations and networks and, therefore,
project proposals should not address individuals as their target groups.
- Get in touch with a Contact Point in your region: www.southbaltic.eu/contact-points
- Get in touch with the Joint Secretariat:
Agnieszka Limanówka, Project Officer Cooperation capacity building, Tel. +48 58 746 38 52, email@example.com
- Share a project idea for consultation with the Joint Secretariat: www.southbaltic.eu/consultation
- Look for upcoming calls for proposals: www.southbaltic.eu/call-for-proposals
- Check for possibilities to fund project development activities: www.southbaltic.eu/seed-money