Video contest prolonged : innovations in the South Baltic region
The South Baltic Programme prolongs a video contest on innovations and invites the South Baltic Region’s 16-26 years old high school senior and university students (individuals or groups) and youth to participate in a video contest producing a short film (up to 3 minutes) on these topics:
- Sustainable Tourism
- Green Technologies
- Sustainable Transport in the South Baltic Region.
The aim of the contest is to promote South Baltic Programme’s projects, innovative solutions, opportunities for improvement linked with these themes, and helping to tackle potential issues, obstacles, lacks. These topics are objectives pursued by the Programme, under which project aiming at developing the South Baltic Area are co-funded thanks to European Regional Development Funds (ERDF).
- Film videos on these topics: sustainable tourism, green technologies, sustainable transport in the South Baltic Region.
- Videos up to 3 minutes
- Participants are allowed to use any tool to produce movies (professional cameras or smartphones, any photo editing application)
- Individuals and groups might participate. If a group becomes the winner, it will receive only 1 prize
- All uploaded photos and videos must be the property of the participant/s
- Contest participants must be 16- 26 years old
- For all participants under the age of 18 an agreement on their participation and a signature on all required documents including entry forms and releases must be provided by parents or legal guardians
- If the winner becomes a participant under the age of 18 years old, a parent/ carer will have to join their child for the award ceremony
- Videos will be judged on their aesthetic quality, creativity and relevance to South Baltic topic
- All winners will be notified by e-mail and details of the winners will be announced on website: www.southbaltic.eu
- Prizes are not transferable, nor can they be exchanged for either any items nor cash
- By uploading a video, the contest participant agrees that the South Baltic Programme will administrate the received data (name, surname, age, city, e-mail address of participant, etc. and videos)
Prizes for 5 winners
1st prize: Photo camera - Canon EOS 80D + lenses
2nd prize: iPad - 9.7-inch Retina display, iOS 11
3rd - 5th prize: bluetooth wristbands monitoring daily activity + laptop backpacks
*Technical specification of prizes might slightly change
Please send us an e-mail with a link (e.g. WeTransfer) of your videos and contact details (name, surname. age, e-mail, telephone, country) to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of September, 2018 (23:59).
The winners will be selected by the South Baltic Programme jury and contacted 8-10 days before the event.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please contact the Interreg South Baltic Programme Communication Officer: email@example.com or + 48 58 746 38 55.
Screening and awards
Award ceremony and the screening of videos will be held at the occasion of the European Cooperation Day Event, in September or a separate event in October-November, 2018.
All successful contestants will be invited to join us for a social and cultural event.
If the winners of the 1st-3rd places of the contest live outside the place where the award ceremony occur, the cost of transportation to the event will be covered.
If the South Baltic Programme receives very few or low quality videos, the contest will be extended or postponed.
Conditions of using videos by the Programme
Organizer of the contest retains the rights to use the uploaded videos for future purposes. By entering the contest, participants hereby give permission to the organizer to use the videos. Organizer of the competition respects the participants’ copyrights and does not claim ownership of any video entered. Should a video be sought for publishing DVD, full written permission will first be sought from the copyright holder.
The Interreg South Baltic Programme will use submitted videos on Programme’s social media accounts or website.
The submitted videos might be modified by the South Baltic Programme, i.e. received videos merged into the final video.