SOUTH BALTIC MANORS - Valorisation of manors for tourism development in rural areas of the South Baltic area
What is the project changing?
Manor houses across the Baltic Sea's coast provide a great potential for tourism in the South Baltic area. SB Manors is creating new strategies and offers for manor tourism.
What was the challenge?
The tourism potential for manor houses is barely used around the coasts of the Baltic Sea, although the manor houses have a lot of possiblities to offer.
What is the project creating?
SB Manors is creating joint marketing and promotion for the manor tourism around the South Baltic's coasts.
SB Manors Brand Manual (PDF)
Find the SB Manors project website here.
Full project description
Manors are prominent testimonies of the changeful history of the South Baltic area and genuine “cross-border monuments” of the manifold cultural & political interrelations within the region. At the same time, they are sceneries for attractive and unusual tourism & culture offers. SOUTH BALTIC MANORS seeks to use this potential for tourism development in the rural parts of the SBA.
- Revives the USP for SBA manor tourism and initiatives joint marketing, which uses the region`s shared history & the recent “space pioneer” phenomenon (= new generation of owners & users, setting up unusual culture & tourism offers) as new “plug”. Focal points are 7 “SOUTH BALTIC MANORS entry points & history showcases” that are established by the project;
- Creates & promotes new joint manor tourism offers for genuine cross-border travelers;
- Elaborates & promotes sub-regional trails & tools around manors that lead visitors from main SBA tourism hotspots to the rural hinterlands;
- Initiates an intensive peer learning & exchange process to further innovate & reinforce touristic valorisations&utilisation of manors in the SBA;
- Sets up durable cooperation frameworks for continuing the joint efforts and carrying out lobbying activities to gain further support for them.
The project aims to result in increasing number of day tourists & cross-border travelers visiting manors in the rural parts of the South Baltic area during & off the main tourism season, thereby contributing to leveling out tourism intensity and season prolongation.
2 697 116,10 EUR
2 222 751,64 EUR
01 May 2018
31 Jul 2022
Name: Tourism Association Vorpommern
Address: Fischstrasse 11, 17489 Greifswald
Address: Am Gorzberg 8, 17489 Greifswald
Address: Peenestr. 18/19, 17391 Stolpe
Address: Rondell 7 – 8, 17207 Ludorf / Müritz
Region/Subregion: Other DE
Address: Szymanowskiego 17, 78-230 Karlino
Address: Plac Wolności 28, 84-100 Puck
Address: Jana Heweliusza 29, 80-861 Gdansk
Address: Zamkowa 2A, 84-200 Wejherowo
Address: Nemunas 4, 99265 Bitėnai
Address: Frisegade 40, DK-4800 Nykøbing F
Address: Herkaus Manto 84, LT-92294 Klaipeda
Address: 274 91 Skurup
Address: Christinehof, 273 57 Brösarp
Region/Subregion: Södra Sverige