Launch of the REGIOSTARS Awards 2021
Every year, the European Commission awards those EU-funded projects, which demonstrate excellence and new approaches in regional development. With the goal of inspiring other regions across Europe, participating projects are in the spotlight of communication activities at European level.
The REGIOSTARS are awarded to projects in five thematic categories (smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, urban development and a topic of the year).
In 2021, the REGIOSTARS are focussed on five areas that are crucial part of the EU’s regional policy:
- SMART Europe: Increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world
- GREEN Europe: Green and resilient communities in urban and rural setting
- FAIR Europe: Fostering inclusion and anti-discrimination
- URBAN Europe: Promoting green, sustainable and circular food systems in functional urban areas
- TOPIC OF THE YEAR: Enhancing green mobility in the regions: European Year of Rail 2021
How to apply?
The Guide for Applicants contains all the necessary information and will guide you through the process.
Guide for applicants
The on-line application platform is open from 9 February until 9 May 2021.
As a novelty, in 2021 the finalists are invited to training sessions on communication as part of the European Week of Regions and Cities in October. The winners in the five categories, and the winner of the public choice, will receive their well-deserved prize at the festive REGIOSTARS ceremony, to take place in Dubrovnik, Croatia in December 2021.
source: European Commission